Smeg delivers style and modern cooking technology with this multifunction, pyrolytic oven.
How big is this oven?
This is a standard sized oven – designed to be built-in and would be great at eye-level for ease of use. The dimensions are:
Depth: 548 mm
Height: 597 mm
Width: 597 mm
The oven’s capacity is 77 litres.
What programmes does it have?
It has 9 cooking functions including:
- Upper and lower element only - a traditional cooking method best suited for single items located in the centre of the oven. The top of the oven will always be hottest. Ideal for roast, fruit cakes, bread etc.
- Fan with upper and lower elements - the elements combined with the fan aim to provide more uniform heat, a similar method to conventional cooking, so pre-heat is required. Most suitable for items requiring slow cooking methods.
- Grill element – for rapid cooking and browning of foods. Best results can be obtained by using the top shelf for small items, the lower shelves for larger ones, such as chops or sausages. For half grill heat is generated only at the centre of the element, so is ideal for smaller quantities.
- Fan with grill element - the fan reduces the fierce heat from the grill, providing an excellent method of grilling various foods, chops, steaks, sausages etc. Giving even browning and heat distribution, without drying out the food. The top two levels recommended for use, and the lower part of the oven can be used to keep items warm at the same time, an excellent facility when cooking a grilled breakfast. Half grill (centre portion only) is ideal for small quantities of food.
- Lower heating element only - ideal for foods that require extra base temperature without browning, e.g. Pastry dishes, pizza. Also suitable for slow cooking of stews and casseroles.
- Circulaire - the combination of the fan and circular element around it gives a hot air cooking method. This provides many benefits including no preheat if cook time is more than 20 minutes, no flavour transfer when cooking different foods at the same time, less energy, and shorter cook times. Good for all types of food.
- Circulaire with upper and lower elements - The use of the fan with both elements allows food to be cooked quickly and effectively, ideal for large joints that require thorough cooking. It offers a similar result to rotisserie, moving the heat around the food, instead of moving the food itself, enabling any size or shape to be cooked.
- Eco - the combination of the grill, fan and lower element is particularly suitable for cooking small quantities of food.
It also comes with useful functions such as dough proving, defrost by time, defrost by weight and Sabbath mode.
How easy is this oven to clean?
Really easy as it comes with a pyrolytic cleaning function. This function turns food spillages and debris into ash. At the end of the cleaning cycle simply wipe with a soft cloth to return the oven back to looking new. This function uses high temperatures, so safety is important. The door is quadruple glazed and comes with an automatic locking system.
Any other features?
Yes – plenty – including:
- 'Nero-vista' glass door - an innovative black glass which appears black when the oven is off, yet transparent when the oven is turned on, so you can see into the oven.
- LCD display
- Child safety lock
- Electronic timer