Small but perfectly formed, this compact pizza oven from Smeg ensures a crispy base every time. With 12 cooking functions and 20 cooking programmes, you’re sure to get it right first time.
How big is this oven?
This is a compact oven – designed to be built-in and would be great at eye-level for ease of use. The dimensions are:
Depth: 548 mm
Height: 450 mm
Width: 597 mm
The oven’s capacity is 50 litres.
What cooking functions does it come with?
It comes with lots of functions including:
- Upper and lower element only - a traditional cooking method best suited for single items located in the centre of the oven. The top of the oven will always be hottest. Ideal for roast, fruit cakes, bread etc.
- Fan with upper and lower elements - the elements combined with the fan aim to provide more uniform heat, a similar method to conventional cooking, so pre-heat is required. Most suitable for items requiring slow cooking methods.
- Grill element - for rapid cooking and browning of foods. Best results can be obtained by using the top shelf for small items, the lower shelves for larger ones, such as chops or sausages. For half grill heat is generated only at the centre of the element, so is ideal for smaller quantities.
- Fan with grill element - the fan reduces the fierce heat from the grill, providing an excellent method of grilling various foods, chops, steaks, sausages etc. Giving even browning and heat distribution, without drying out the food. The top two levels recommended for use, and the lower part of the oven can be used to keep items warm at the same time, an excellent facility when cooking a grilled breakfast. Half grill (centre portion only) is ideal for small quantities of food.
- Circulaire with upper and lower elements - the use of the fan with both elements allows food to be cooked quickly and effectively, ideal for large joints that require thorough cooking. It offers a similar result to rotisserie, moving the heat around the food, instead of moving the food itself, enabling any size or shape to be cooked.
- Circulaire - the combination of the fan and circular element around it gives a hot air cooking method. This provides many benefits including no preheat if cook time is more than 20 minutes, no flavour transfer when cooking different foods at the same time, less energy, and shorter cook times. Good for all types of food.
- Eco - the combination of the grill, fan and lower element is particularly suitable for cooking small quantities of food.
- Pizza function – the simultaneous operation of these three elements ensures an optimum cooking facility, ideal not only for pizza but also for cookies, quiches and flans.
It also comes with useful functions such as dough proving, defrost by time, defrost by weight and Sabbath mode.
How easy is this oven to clean?
Really easy as it comes with a pyrolytic cleaning function. This function turns food spillages and debris into ash. At the end of the cleaning cycle simply wipe with a soft cloth to return the oven back to looking new. This function uses high temperatures, so safety is important. The door is quadruple glazed and comes with an automatic locking system.