Smeg’s multifunction oven offers a premium and diverse cooking experience. It comes with ultra modern cooking technology including vapour self-cleaning.
How big is this oven?
This is a standard oven – designed to be built-in and would be great at eye-level for ease of use. The dimensions are:
Depth: 548 mm
Height: 592 mm
Width: 597 mm
The oven’s capacity is 70 litres.
What cooking functions does it have?
It has 10 cooking functions including:
- Circulaire with upper and lower elements - The use of the fan with both elements allows food to be cooked quickly and effectively, ideal for large joints that require thorough cooking. It offers a similar result to rotisserie, moving the heat around the food, instead of moving the food itself, enabling any size or shape to be cooked.
- Circulaire - the combination of the fan and circular element around it gives a hot air cooking method. This provides many benefits including no preheat if cook time is more than 20 minutes, no flavour transfer when cooking different foods at the same time, less energy, and shorter cook times. Good for all types of food.
- Fan with upper and lower elements - the elements combined with the fan aim to provide more uniform heat, a similar method to conventional cooking, so pre-heat is required. Most suitable for items requiring slow cooking methods.
- Fan with lower element - this combination completes cooking more quickly of foods that are ready on the surface, but that require more cooking inside, without further browning.
- Upper and lower element only - a traditional cooking method best suited for single items located in the centre of the oven. The top of the oven will always be hottest. Ideal for roast, fruit cakes, bread etc.
- Fan with grill element - the fan reduces the fierce heat from the grill, providing an excellent method of grilling various foods, chops, steaks, sausages etc. Giving even browning and heat distribution, without drying out the food. The top two levels recommended for use, and the lower part of the oven can be used to keep items warm at the same time, an excellent facility when cooking a grilled breakfast. Half grill (centre portion only) is ideal for small quantities of food.
- Grill element – for rapid cooking and browning of foods. Best results can be obtained by using the top shelf for small items, the lower shelves for larger ones, such as chops or sausages. For half grill heat is generated only at the centre of the element, so is ideal for smaller quantities.
- Eco - the combination of the grill, fan and lower element is particularly suitable for cooking small quantities of food.
Other functions: defrost, defrost by time, defrost by weight, rising, and Sabbath mode.
How easy is this oven to clean?
Really easy as it comes with a vapour clean setting. By simply pouring a little water into the hallow at the oven’s base and setting the programme, the Vapour clean function allows the water to soften any residue, making it easy to just wipe away. It takes just under 20 minutes to complete the cleaning programme.
How will this fit into my kitchen?
This is a built in oven, designed to sit at eye-level for ease of use. It will sit flush with the front of any surrounding cupboard and look really sleek and stylish once in.